[Wine] Re: Is there a difference...? [question]

DIFTOW wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 1 17:27:49 CDT 2011

doh123 wrote:

> DIFTOW wrote:
> >
> > I meant, I have steam installed on Windows 7, on a separate partition.
> > Then in Ubuntu, I run Wine, and load the exe. So I'm booting the already installed program.
> >

> your just asking for a world of hurt running programs off a NTFS partition.  If its working... you are lucky... but I'm not sure why you'd want to do that.

Maybe my hardware is just fast enough. I don't know.

The HDD is SATA. I have 8 GB of system ram, plus another 10 GB of Swap drive. Intel Core 2 duo 3.16 Ghz. Nvidia GTX 580.

I'm running 64 bit Ubuntu.

Can't tell you for sure why NTFS stuff works just as fine, if not better, but it does. It hasn't caused any issues for Windows 7 either. The programs work fine when I run them in 7 afterward.