[Wine] Is it a wine bug if sound in a particular app doesn't work properly without emulated directsound

Alex Bradbury asb at asbradbury.org
Thu May 5 07:26:36 CDT 2011

Essentially, the question is in the subject. I notice that switching
to emulated directsound acceleration rather than hardware is
identified on the winetricks wiki
(http://code.google.com/p/winetricks/wiki/TamingTroublesomeTitles) as
being a common way to fix sound issues, and of course it's a common
suggested fix on the appdb. If I need to make this change for properly
working sound (in this case - Another World: 15th Anniversary
Edition), does it indicate a bug that should be reported on the wine
bug tracker?

Thanks,

Alex