[Wine] Is there a difference ...?

Jake Thomas jthomas97411 at yahoo.com
Thu May 5 16:59:38 CDT 2011

Hey, sorry about quoting the whole thread of the day on those incidences. Those
were accidents. I'm very new to the WINE mailing list (this is about my 4th
reply ever), and I was replying from my iPhone. Yeah, an iPhone. That made it a
little tricky. I know better now. I do have to say it was confusing at first to
figure out how to reply to only one message within a thread. After all, the
whole thing is one e-mail. If you hit reply, your e-mail program/ website that
you go to for e-mail (at least mine) sets your reply up as though you are
replying to the whole e-mail (as in, the whole thread of the day). Then you have
to go in and manually rename your subject to not be referring to the whole
e-mail, but rather to an individual message. THEN you have to go in and manually
delete everything it automatically copied into the body (which would be the
entire thread of the day). It copies what you are replying too - just like it
does when you reply to any e-mail.

So this looks like how it's done:
1. Make new e-mail message.
2. Address it to wine-users at winehq.org
3. Copy and Paste title of individual message (within a WINE e-mail) you are
replying to - make this your e-mail "subject," and add "Re:" to the beginning if
not already present.
4. Copy and paste relevant stuff into the body of your reply (if any).
5. Say what you have to say in the body.
6. Send it.

That's the best way I can figure out. Anybody know a better way?
This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship! And yes, there is a
difference...apparently in the way you reply too.

Cheers,
Jake