[Wine] Problems running programming IDE

Frédéric Delanoy frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Sat May 7 01:55:57 CDT 2011

2011/5/7 Jesse <ki4jgt at gmail.com>:
> On 05/06/2011 08:31 AM, Frédéric Delanoy wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 08:57, Jesse<ki4jgt at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey guys,
>>> This is Jesse Cox (KI4JGT) I'm writing you guys today because I'm having
>>> trouble figuring out what has been going on with a programming IDE I
>>> frequent on Windows. It's ran on every version of WINE I've installed for
>>> the last 3 years. Since the upgrade of Ubuntu 11.04, WINE no longer
>>> offers
>>> the ability to run this program (JustBASIC - http://www.justbasic.com) I
>>> was
>>> wondering what had changed since the last Ubuntu release (If you guys
>>> know)
>>> all help is appriciated. Thanks and have a great day.
>>
>> What's your problem exactly? It doesn't even start? Wine FAQ has a
>> troubleshooting section.
>> The new global menu in Unity and associates changes have causes issues
>> with mouse (e.g. https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/755406)
>>
>> Try with gnome classic desktop if you've the same problem
>>
> it starts, but the program itself is refusing to run. It gives an error
> message when starting up. "Runtime Error: Float Denormalized operand" Based
> on what is in the IDE's error log, no one on the (JB) forums can tell what
> has happened between the last release. I've tried changing the emulation
> from different windows versions, I've also tried Gnome-Classic. Both seem to
> fail miserably. Which is why I was asking for a change log. The whole
> community (JB's forums) has been effected by this, a lot of them use Linux
> and since 11.04 are unable to access it in any way what so ever.

I tried with the latest wine on 10.10 x86_64 and a couple of examples
.bas and they do work.

I would be easier if you told
- natty 11.04 x86? x86_64?
- wine version

Did you use wine binary package on natty ?

If you use a PPA, you have to re-enable wine ppa (see
http://www.winehq.org/download/ubuntu)