[Wine] 36 FPS using ubuntu-classic desktop, drops to 4 FPS xubuntu

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sat May 7 21:52:10 CDT 2011

On 5/7/11 7:25 PM, dusf wrote:
> vitamin wrote:
>> And DO NOT bump your post, or it will simply be deleted.
>
> Did I bump this thread?

Yes, you did.  Sometimes it takes time to get an answer.  Then the
thread will rise.  If you don't get an answer in a couple of days, then
restate your problem and what you did to attempt to fix the problem.
> vitamin wrote:
>> dusf wrote:
>>> 	Kernel modules: nvidia-current, nvidia-173, nouveau, nvidiafb
>> Don't use this drivers if you want any 3D acceleration. Use proprietary drivers instead.
>
> nvidia-current is the proprietary driver, no? Please see my previous comment on someone from Xubuntu support telling me there was a bug with the GUI showing the nvidia driver was not active, and further on in this post what I say about the xorg file.
>

> jjmckenzie wrote:
>> On 5/7/11 8:36 AM, dusf wrote:
>> You are using both the proprietary and FOSS drivers.  Remove the FOSS
>> drivers (nouveau) and use only the nVidia supplied drivers.
>
> Used synaptic to uninstall xserver-xorg-video-nouveau, should I also remove libdrm-nouveau1a? Synaptic is tell me doing so will affect hundreds of other packages. There is no single 'nouveau' package, sudo apt-get remove nouveau does nothing.
>
> lspci -k still showing nouveau
Interesting, this is the first time I've heard that removing the noveau
drivers will remove 'hundreds of packages'.  Maybe xubuntu is using this
driver for more than just video?

I'll leave this to vitamin to provide help.

James McKenzie