[Wine] 64 bit application on 32 bit machine

AlanLevett wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 9 09:19:06 CDT 2011

Yes, that's right!  I tried a search, but the (Google) search engine told me that I don't know what I am talking about!

I downloaded an application DfuSe, and tried to install it.  Wine installer told me that I needed another program and offered to download. I agreed, but this was unsuccessful.  However the Install Wizard went ahead and installed. But trying to run was a failure.
Today, I checked .wine, and found that the whole program WAS present, so I read what I could of the Docs and other text files and found that it was a 64 bit application.
And that is the problem - my venerable home assembled machine is based on a KT7 motherboard with an 800Mc/s Athlon processor, running 32 bit architecture with MEPIS 6.5, MEPIS 8.5, and Debian Lenny 5.0.7.

All I wanted to know is, is there any way of running the DfuSe on this system?

Thanks and Regards

Alan