[Wine] Re: Rift post 1.2 patch

Kenjitamura wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue May 10 19:00:41 CDT 2011

I'm having the same problem as the OP but I'll provide some more information.  First here is the output from when I try to start Rift from the launcher

Code:

fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub!
fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no instance created for interface {ea1afb91-9e28-4b86-90e9-9e9f8a5eefaf} of class {56fdf344-fd6d-11d0-958a-006097c9a090}, hres is 0x80004002
fixme:imm:NotifyIME IMC_SETCANDIDATEPOS
fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x30014c, 0x203a20): stub
fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x32ea4c
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
[...]
fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x32cbc0
fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x3298e0
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
fixme:imm:NotifyIME IMC_SETCANDIDATEPOS
fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x327130
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
fixme:gameux:GAMEUX_ProcessGameDefinitionElement entry L"ReleaseDate" in Game Definition File not yet supported
fixme:gameux:GAMEUX_ProcessGameDefinitionElement entry L"Genres" in Game Definition File not yet supported
fixme:gameux:GAMEUX_ProcessGameDefinitionElement entry L"Version" in Game Definition File not yet supported
fixme:gameux:GAMEUX_ProcessGameDefinitionElement entry L"WindowsSystemPerformanceRating" in Game Definition File not yet supported
fixme:gameux:GAMEUX_ProcessGameDefinitionElement entry L"Developers" in Game Definition File not yet supported
fixme:gameux:GAMEUX_ProcessGameDefinitionElement entry L"Publishers" in Game Definition File not yet supported
fixme:gameux:GAMEUX_ProcessGameDefinitionElement entry L"GameExecutables" in Game Definition File not yet supported
fixme:gameux:GAMEUX_ProcessGameDefinitionElement entry L"ExtendedProperties" in Game Definition File not yet supported
fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no instance created for interface {ea1afb91-9e28-4b86-90e9-9e9f8a5eefaf} of class {56fdf344-fd6d-11d0-958a-006097c9a090}, hres is 0x80004002
fixme:dbghelp:elf_search_auxv can't find symbol in module
fixme:dbghelp:MiniDumpWriteDump NIY MiniDumpWithHandleData
fixme:imm:NotifyIME IMC_SETCANDIDATEPOS
fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x32cbc0
fixme:imm:NotifyIME IMC_SETCANDIDATEPOS
fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x32cbc0
fixme:dxdiag:ProcessCommandLine /x unimplemented
fixme:winhttp:WinHttpGetIEProxyConfigForCurrentUser returning no proxy used
fixme:imm:NotifyIME IMC_SETCANDIDATEPOS
fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x32cbc0
fixme:imm:NotifyIME IMC_SETCANDIDATEPOS
fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x32cbc0
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub

The game worked well before patch 1.2.  Trion is aware that the patch broke the game and originally was working on the problem

From: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?185656-quot-sending-error-report-quot-whenever-I-hit-Play/page6

However now they are stating: