[Wine] Running VB applications on Ubuntu with Wine

kapilsharma2284 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue May 10 23:32:41 CDT 2011

Hi,
I am new to Ubuntu. I want to access a few applications that needs following:
1. Application 1 - Application running only on IE6 and above. Requires JAVA Virtual VM. I tried making ti work, but it works only upto a level and then when it comes to opening a form, it doesn't work. i.e. it does nothing. Pl suggest how to make it work

2. Application 2 - A exe application on VB, accessing a windows server, with SQL database

Please suggest. I am looking for quick fixing of the issues. Your precise and exact help and procedures will be really helpful