[Wine] Unable to open executable with Program Loader since upgrade

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Wed May 11 22:23:35 CDT 2011

On 5/11/11 4:04 PM, dusf wrote:
> EDIT: when I chmod +x on the file on my home partition I can open it, but when I try the same on my media partition it does not help at all.
It appears that you are trying to run programs from CD/DVD/USB media.
These normally do NOT have the execute bit set but are mounted read-only.
> Can I make it so it will work on any partition, and can I make it so I do not need to manually chmod +x every time?

You will need to modify, as per cloudef's instructions, the fstab file
so that cdrom media open with the execute bit set for your user.  Google
is your friend or ask on your distribution's forums.

Thank you.

James McKenzie