[Wine] Printing to pdf file (no cups-pdf)

augustosuwine wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 12 15:49:57 CDT 2011

I use an application that should produce a .pdf (and in fact it does, in Windows). Unfortunately I've got no way to see that file. The printing process apparently starts, and the pdf-file option is accepted, but no file is produced at all (searched with find -mmin). The pdf-cups alternative also proves ineffective.

My guess is that the current wine installation lacks some library, which is used to produce the pdf file. Apparently people with Acrobat Professional installed are successful in printing to pdf, but the alternative is quite expensive.

Any help, please? I'm forced to provide pitiful screenshots...