[Wine] Re: Printing to pdf file (no cups-pdf)

oiaohm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 12 20:55:19 CDT 2011

No where near enough information for us to help you.

cups-pdf historically has worked quite well with wine.

Problem we have here.
Number 1 you did not tell us the application.  So we cannot look it up in appdb.
Number 2 you did not tell us the wine --version you are using.

Number 3  http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ run from terminal/console and see what messages wine prints out when printing is attempted.

If its a missing library wine will be yelling on the console that its not there.  Very clearly.

Does cups-pdf on you system work from native applications.  It can be configured to drop files in strange places.  I have had that before where person say they cannot find the files it printing.

Also running printers inside wine is highly suspect.  Some applications install a PDF printer for producing pdf.  This can be a problem.

Basically please in future don't expect us to be mind readers.