[Wine] Re: Quick Question: How to run Winetricks?

Ruingaraf wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 13 10:03:24 CDT 2011

jjmckenzie wrote:

> Where did you put the Winetricks file (downloads I presume and this is
> the assumption I'm using here)
> 1.  Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal
> 2.  cd Downloads
> 3. chmod +x winetricks
> 4.  winetricks --help (or if you know the name of the module you want
> to install winetricks <name of module>
>
> This will run the help menu or install the module to the default $HOME/.wine
>
> James McKenzie

Desktop, but I moved it to downloads so we're on the same page. I got the following:

Code:
Last login: Fri May 13 10:54:19 on ttys000
(name)s-iMac:~ Name$ cd downloads
(name)s-iMac:downloads Name$ chmod +x winetricks
(name)s-iMac:downloads name$

It doesn't reject the command, but it doesn't do anything, either. Once again, forgive me, I'm not a programmer. Then, I tried to open it again and got the following:

Code:

Last login: Fri May 13 11:00:43 on ttys000
(name)s-iMac:~ Kay$ /Users/(name)/Downloads/winetricks ; exit;
/Users/(name)/Downloads/winetricks: line 2910: wine: command not found
wine cmd.exe /c echo '%ProgramFiles%' returned empty string
logout

[Process completed]

When I tried to open the file as a plaintext previously, it said I should be seeing a copyright symbol and I saw something else entirely, so I'm not sure if that means anything.

Thanks once again for your help, and sorry for being troublesome! I appreciate all the work you guys put into this software.