[Wine] Quick Question: How to run Winetricks?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri May 13 10:08:20 CDT 2011

> Code:
> Last login: Fri May 13 10:54:19 on ttys000
> (name)s-iMac:~ Name$ cd downloads
> (name)s-iMac:downloads Name$ chmod +x winetricks
> (name)s-iMac:downloads name$
>

> It doesn't reject the command, but it doesn't do anything, either.

That command is supposed to mark the file executable. Not to execute
the command.

>Once again, forgive me, I'm not a programmer. Then, I tried to open it again and got the following:

You really do not need to be a programmer to understand this. But you
do have to have some idea on how to use the shell.

To run your application. cd to the folder you downloaded the program
and type ./winetricks

Or execute it from your file browser.

John