[Wine] Problem with a program called winbox

Butch Evans butche at butchevans.com
Sat May 14 19:56:02 CDT 2011

On Sat, 2011-05-14 at 16:42 -0700, James McKenzie wrote:
> On 5/14/11 3:00 AM, Butch Evans wrote:
> > On Fri, 2011-05-13 at 21:14 -0700, James McKenzie wrote:
> >> This may be a video driver issue.  AMD/ATI video cards are known to have
> >> less the high quality drivers, lntel drivers are the worst an nVidia are
> >> the best for Linux and Wine.
> > I tried to install the nvidia drivers, but could not find the proper
> > driver.
> nVidia drivers do not work with Intel video systems
> >

> > 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor
> > Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
> >
> This is definitely a Intel video.

Yes.  Here's what the Hardware Maintenance manual says:

Graphic Memory Chip:
* Intel HM55 integrated
* nVidia N11M-GE1 with 512M DDR3 VRAM

This has me a bit confused.  I agree that the system is not "seeing" an
nVidia card, but not sure why the HMM lists it.  SIGH.

* Butch Evans                   * Professional Network Consultation*
* http://www.butchevans.com/    * Network Engineering              *
* http://store.wispgear.net/    * Wired or Wireless Networks       *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/   * ImageStream, Mikrotik and MORE!  *
*            NOTE MY NEW NUMBER:  702-537-0979                     *