[Wine] Just installed wine...

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sun May 15 08:54:00 CDT 2011

On 5/15/11 2:41 AM, roelpaulo wrote:
> Thanks a lot for the info guys especially to the "site admin". I really appreciate it. I'm a Windows user since I started learning about computers years ago. It is only been 21 days since I used Ubuntu and only three days since I used Wine so this jump really means a whole new world for me, that's why I'm really asking a lot of questions.  :D

First:  Read the FAQ.  This is a must with Wine.  There is alot of good
information in it.
Second:  Search the Forums.  Your question may have been asked, several
times, and answered.
Third:  Post your question.  Provide a lot of information.  We cannot
and should not have to guess at your Linux distribution, version, Video
Card, driver version.  There is a sticky for that specific purpose.
Fourth:  WAIT.  There are hundreds of folks who use Wine and are willing
to help but it does take us time to work through the issues you encountered.
Fifth:  Repeat for each situation you run into with Wine.

Remember:  Wine is a work in progress project.  What works very well in
wine-1.3.19 might not in wine-1.3.20 and we need to know this.

Thank you.

James McKenzie