[Wine] Questions about Wine

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sun May 15 15:14:52 CDT 2011

On 5/15/11 1:11 PM, Berillions wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Actually, i use different prefix for all my applications. I would like to know if it's possible to use one prefix for multiple app who use different override dll.
>
> For exemple, i have an application X and application Y.
> X need to use d3dx9_* override dll and Y need to use msvcr90 override dll (vcrun2008).
>
> How to override d3dx9_9 dll only for the app X if i install d3dx9 by winetricks ?
> Because by winetricks, i override the dll for all application in the prefix.
>
> I must to modify the register manually?
> I know that i must to choose every .exe in General tab in winecfg.
No, you can set the default for no overrides and then override for each
application using winecfg.  However, you might run into troubles IF
winetricks overwrites Wine's native dlls.

Dan Kegel is the maintainer of winetricks and can provide way more
information than I can.  I've done the above however, for the riched20
overrides since I work with this function's code.

James McKenzie