[Wine] Re: Mouse changes

ischou wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 16 08:51:45 CDT 2011

The "Automatically capture mouse in fullscreen" option in winecfg was disabled when I experienced the problem initially.  Enabling it did nothing.

A few details to note in case this is of any help in troubleshooting:

Initially my setting was "MouseWarpOverride"="disable".  Mouse worked correctly when game initially started up and I was able to select the "Load a Saved Game" option off the main menu.  Once the list of saved games screen appeared, the mouse cursor became uncontrollable.  The cursor appeared to jump around the outer 1/4 of the screen (which seems strange -- I presumed mouse warp is supposed to clip the cursor in the center of the screen).

I then tried "MouseWarpOverride"="enable" which then made the mouse cursor behave incorrectly right at game startup.

So it seems that this option somehow enables itself under some circumstances even when the user.reg file has "disabled".  Also it seems to me that for some games, particularly first person shooters, it would be desirable to be able to toggle this behavior (ie with some keyboard hotkey) so that you can have normal mouse-pointing behavior when accessing in-game menus and mouse warping/clipping behavior when navigating/playing the game itself.

I installed the game into a 1.2.3 prefix and everything is fine, so I'm debating opening a bug on this and considering just waiting a while for development of this new feature to settle down.  It is, after all, the developmental version.  Is there any real benefit to opening a bug except to harass the core devs?