[Wine] Trying to run Genericode 10 on Ubuntu 11.4 with Wine 1.2.2

Absinthe wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 16 09:13:42 CDT 2011

I am trying to run Genericode 10.3.1 on my system as described above. This is a code lookup database for locksmiths that is written using Foxbase or FoxPro of some version. It runs normally, except, one of the options shells out to dot net to do some type of special query.

When I inquired of the distributor, I was told hat it needs to have .Net framework 2.0 or higher for that feature to work properly.

When I go into Wine Tricks I see that .Net 2 is selected, so I assume that means it is installed. I selected 3.0 and after that, not only does it not run, but now it actually pops up a pc.exe error dialog.

What am I doing wrong?