[Wine] Wine+Rift=me confused

Wonderbucket wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 16 14:30:45 CDT 2011

I know people have been having problems with Rift and wine after patch 1.2 but after looking at some of the error messages the ones I'm getting aren't the same but similar.

After fighting to get wine past the direct X not up to date error for 3 days and finally succeeding in getting it to work. My game goes past the patch part and into 'start play' with out getting a direct x out of date error but then my terminal spits this out:

fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no instance created for interface {ea1afb91-9e28-4b86-90e9-9e9f8a5eefaf} of class {56fdf344-fd6d-11d0-958a-006097c9a090}, hres is 0x80004002
fixme:imm:NotifyIME IMC_SETCANDIDATEPOS
fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x30054, 0x13f8b40): stub
fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x33ea78
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
fixme:imm:NotifyIME IMC_SETCANDIDATEPOS
fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x33ca88
fixme:imm:NotifyIME IMC_SETCANDIDATEPOS
fixme:imm:NotifyIME IMC_SETCANDIDATEPOS
fixme:imm:NotifyIME IMC_SETCANDIDATEPOS
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x339938
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
fixme:imm:NotifyIME IMC_SETCANDIDATEPOS
fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x337228
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
err:module:import_dll Library d3dx9_43.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Rift Game\\rift.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library d3dx9_43.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Rift Game\\rift.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Rift Game\\rift.exe" failed, status c0000135

I am brand new to doing this sort of stuff so if anyone could help me that would be awesome.

Thanks,
Buckets.