[Wine] MS Office Word - small fonts are aliased

marco.case wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue May 17 07:35:43 CDT 2011

Hi,
I installed MS Word 2007 on Debian Lenny using the latest Wine 1.3.20 - everything seems running ok. The only thing that I don't like are the fonts.
I enabled with winetricks the font smoothing, but....
Some of them (Times New Roman, Calibri, expecially) still look aliased at given dimensions (12pt and below): increasing their size solves the problem and they become anti-aliased, but this is not practical as they are too big to be used in standard documents.
I copied the whole font folder of my windows installation into .wine/drive_c/windows/Fonts... but no luck.
It seems that font smoothing or antialiasing is disabled when the fonts are small... this however happens only to some fonts, while others render correctly even ad small sizes.

Any clue?