[Wine] Error when launching Windows app

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Tue May 17 09:00:52 CDT 2011

On 05/17/2011 03:01 AM, Donovan wrote:
> I am new to Wine and Linux so this may be something simple that I am just not doing right, when I try launch an application through the Wine folder browser it just fails straight away and shows a message saying "error"

If you have not done so yet, look up the application in the appdb and
see if there are any known issues, work arounds, or special set up
instructions there that may help to fix or identify the problem. If you
can't get it working after that or it is not in the appdb try running it
from command line instead of the file browser, sometimes that will give
you more helpful error messages.

If you need to repost here for help be sure to include the name of the
application, what version of wine you are using, what video card and
driver version you have, everything you have already tried to make it
work, and any error messages you got from the command line. More
information makes it easier for people see where the problem might be
and how to fix it.