[Wine] Re: dll errors on program dlls--works on same distro, machine

jhthayer wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue May 17 12:50:41 CDT 2011

For completeness, I will recount my lack of progress.

The aspect of this which can be considered notable is that the Phierha package I used (I generally download a new copy any time I reinstall) is actually different--between the previous version and this one, Isao Maruoka apparently changed to the newer msi installer, which is the one provided as a service on XP, and the package available via winetricks no longer works for this (similarly to the MS Office problem).  Unfortunately, there is some kind of disjuncture between the WINE version and what is included in the .msi package; further, the repair options of the MS package are not available in the WINE replacement.  Not at all sure which way to go from here.

Thanks for any ideas.