[Wine] Youtube problem etc

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 22:11:12 CDT 2011

On 5/17/11 7:22 PM, ec1955 wrote:
> 'Coherent message'?
> What is that supposed to mean?
> I am asking a VERY BASIC question - about YOU TUBE working in LINUX!
> If you read my previous posts - YOU TUBE worked fine in Windows - NOT IN LINUX!
YouTube is a WEB SITE.  I guess you could not figure out that we want to
know what program you are using to view it in?  I view it in Firefox on
a Mac....

> So, it appears that it has something to do with Ubuntu/Linux Right?
Maybe, maybe not.  However, if it has something to do with Ubuntu and
NOT Wine, then this is totally off the topic of this site.

Here is what we need to know:

Program name you are using to view YouTube.
Wine version.
Linux version (it's obvious that you are using Ubuntu, but there are
many different versions).
Video card
Video drivers for Linux.

Why do we ask for all of this?  Intel video cards are very poorly
supported in Linux but work 'just fine' in Windows.  Some versions of
Ubuntu work well with some programs run in Wine, and some have problems.

James McKenzie