[Wine] Re: Unable to open executable with Program Loader since upgrade

dusf wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 18 02:46:18 CDT 2011

Clicking on a .exe file and selecting Properties >> Open with >> Other applications >> Use a custom command and entering wine allowed me to work around this problem.

Further, editing the Exec line in /use/share/applications/wine.desktop to:

Code:
Exec=wine start /unix %f

fixed the problem completely.

I do not have the line exactly as it appeared before but I know it had the strings 'cautious' and 'start' in it.

I have been told a WINE update may overwrite my changes and revert it to how it was before, is this correct, and if so can I practically prevent this without causing other problems?