[Wine] Ubuntu repo versus WINE

dusf wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 18 02:55:50 CDT 2011

On installing Xubuntu 11.04 yesterday I installed WINE via synaptic, selecting the package 'wine' manually which seems to have then installed 'wine1.2' and then some other packages.

[Image: http://oi51.tinypic.com/s4za78.jpg ]

I was going to add the WINE repo to upgrade to 1.3 when I saw the package already exists in synaptic.

My question is why doesn't Ubuntu use 1.3 which is there, and if I manually select and install it is there any reason to add the WINE repo when I am only interested in stable releases for mainly playing World of Warcraft?[/img]