[Wine] Problem with The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Mateusz Stachowski wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 18 11:53:08 CDT 2011

I'm on Ubuntu 11.04 and Wine 1.3.20. I've been trying to run The Witcher 2 but with no success.

I've installed vcrun2010 with winetricks and downloaded mfcu100.dll (to system32) because that's what showed up to be missing when runnig game from terminal.

Now all I get is this message:

fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0

and I have no clue what it means.

I have the Retail version which is using secuROM. Looking at AppDB there is only one test data and it's the DRM free version from GOG so maybe the problem is DRM.