[Wine] Public Apology to Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew and Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, Singapore

"Singapore Citizen Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang E "Singapore Citizen Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang E
Wed May 18 17:59:08 CDT 2011

Dear Members of the wine-users Mailing List,

I was misconstrued as having insulted Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew.
My words were twisted and misinterpreted and I feel that there is a
need to explain myself and set the record straight.

[b]What really happened[/b]

It was sometime in Aug/Sep in the year 2009. The setting was in the
Tampines Central office of Asiasoft Online Pte Ltd. I was having a
***verbal*** conversation with Melvin Lee, my new I.T. department
manager, when he challenged me to complete an I.T. assignment
within a specified period of time. In response to his challenge, I
replied in Mandarin: "If I cannot complete the I.T. assignment
within a specified period of time, then Lee Kuan Yew is wang ba
dan". I used to be fond of using other people's names to "bet" with
people but now no more. The Minister Mentor's name came into my
mind spontaneously and I used it to "bet" with my I.T. department
manager.

[b]Explanations[/b]

1. It was not my intention to insult the Minister Mentor at that
time. Please note the use of the IF... THEN... statement in my
verbal conversation.

2. I did not know wang ba dan [hanyu pinyin] means bastard at all
until I consulted Goh Meng Seng much later.

I would like to apologize to the Minister Mentor and the Prime
Minister of Singapore if I have offended them in any way. I swear
it was not my intention to insult the Minister Mentor. Please
forgive me for using your name carelessly to "bet" with my former
I.T. department manager.

Yours sincerely,

Singapore Citizen Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
Dip(Mechatronics) BEng(Hons)(Mechanical Engineering)
Alma Maters:
(1) Singapore Polytechnic (Graduated 1998)
(2) National University of Singapore (Graduated 2006)
Singapore Identity Card No/NRIC: S78*6*2*H
Location: Toa Payoh Lorong 5, Singapore 310031
Mobile Phone: +65-8369-2618
Date of Birth: 5th March 1978
For Photographs of Singapore Citizen Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang
Enming), please google/search for "Teo En Ming" with the double
quotes.