[Wine] [Steam Game] Killing floor running slowly

Janek566 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 19 13:02:11 CDT 2011

Hello

I am completly new to the linux and wine but i did manage to run a few things. I wanted to run my favourite game (KF of course) and i have a few problems. I use newest version of Wine (1.3.20). I have succesfully installed steam and KF. Then i ran the application. I runs at great image quality in window but the navigation at menu is EXTREMELY SLOW. I did go through some tutorial on setting registry key value to something like: "mousewarpoverride"

My registry looks like this:

HKCU > Software > Wine > *then i created the key myself* DirectInput > *this string value i have also created myself* MouseWarpOverride > *this data has also been changed by me* force

this didn't do squat, and the game still runs slow like hell. This is surprising since linux is SO SUPERIOR to windows in nearly every way (that's why i switched recently to ubuntu xD) and the WINE isn't an emulator so i don't know what causes the problem. I will be grateful for any help. Thanks!

Janek566