[Wine] Re: MS Paint with wine?

HX_unbanned wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 20 02:59:24 CDT 2011

L. Rahyen wrote:
> On 2011-05-20 (May, Friday) 03:19:56 PepeLapiu wrote:
>
> > Anybody knows if and how I can run Paint in WINE?
> >

> 	(Why waste time to ask instead of just trying yourself?)
>
> 	Here is the answer:
>
> http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=373
>
> 	If you open the link you will find test results for different versions of
> Paint. In case you want to try to run Paint from Vista or Windows 7, please do
> so and add your test results to AppDB.

Well, also note that form my experience Pre-Windows 6.x, MS Paint heavily was based on GDI+ environment / API ... but since Windows 6.x, some stuff may be forwared ( keeping on old traditions, M$ ??? ) to DWM ( Desktop Window ( COMPOSITION !!! ) Manager ) which therefore means you should be prepared to do some serious backtracing on errors, whivh means all your fun with MS Pain may end in missing function of some Class subset.