[Wine] Re: Problem with The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Mateusz Stachowski wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 21 12:32:35 CDT 2011

I've bought the boxed version because here in Poland it costs 20 euros against 50  euros on GOG and downloading it would take couple days.

I've just tried running Register.exe which is used for creating account and registering the game on thewitcher.com. Unfortunately it gives me this error:

InternetException, 10061

and in terminal:

fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionExW Flags 00000000 ignored
err:wininet:open_http_connection create_netconn failed: 10061
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionExW Flags 00000000 ignored
err:wininet:open_http_connection create_netconn failed: 10061
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionExW Flags 00000000 ignored
err:wininet:open_http_connection create_netconn failed: 10061

Does anyone know how to workaround this issue.