[Wine] Re: Carrara 6 on WINE 0.9.59, Ubuntu Hardy 8.04, Gnome 2.22.1...

speculativism wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 22 08:13:26 CDT 2011

I'm new to Linux and Wine. I installed Ubuntu 10.4 on a logical partition and tried accessing some of my Windows 3D modelling/machinima programmes in Wine. Daz Studio and Bryce 7 installed perfectly but then didn't run. Moviestorm looks like it would run but needs to connect to the website each time to log in and cannot connect in Wine.

Carrara 7.2 not only installed but also runs! So far it will do everything except render. The render tab has nothing there. Blank. However, I can load projects and content, export to various formats, save the project etc. etc. I wondering how the hell I'm going to make it render a video or even a bitmap.

Other 3D RELATED programmes which have worked for me in Wine:

Sketchup 6

3DSFMM2

Avimator (but it does a weird, scary thing where the screen goes black and I have to press control-alt-delete to bring the screen back to normal)

qavimator

Makehuman 0.9.1 RC1

Makehuman 1.0 Alpha 5

OpenFX

PovRay

PoseRay

Deep Paint

m3d10.exe

PlantStudio 2.10

Terrabrush

Debugmode Wax (loads 3DS models and manipulates video in 3D space)

Vue7

Sculptris

VisualJockey (can use 3D shapes in video composition)