[Wine] Carrara 6 on WINE 0.9.59, Ubuntu Hardy 8.04, Gnome 2.22.1...

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sun May 22 08:30:20 CDT 2011

On 5/22/11 6:13 AM, speculativism wrote:
> I'm new to Linux and Wine. I installed Ubuntu 10.4 on a logical partition and tried accessing some of my Windows 3D modelling/machinima programmes in Wine. Daz Studio and Bryce 7 installed perfectly but then didn't run. Moviestorm looks like it would run but needs to connect to the website each time to log in and cannot connect in Wine.
Did you install these programs in Wine or try to run them directly from
the Windows directories?  If you tried to run them without installing,
this may work for simple programs, like Notepad, but will not work for
programs that write information into the registry.  Those programs will
need to be installed in Wine.

Also, the Applications Database has many applications listed in it.
Please consult it for your programs and see if there is workarounds and
how-tos for using them.

Thank you.