[Wine] Trying to install Autotel

Absinthe wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 22 09:51:55 CDT 2011

I am on Ubuntu 11.4 with wine 1.3

This is an application that provides information from a small database and appears to ues:

Jet4
Dao
Several OCX tiles
VB Runtime 6

I can share its install log if a cut and paste of such a think would be useful.

It appears to happily install but when it goes to run I get the dialog box that says it encountered a "serious problem" and needs to close.

How do I chase these problems down. One thing I found is that when you tell WineTricks to install Jet4 it claims after all is said and done to not be able to find: .../Microsoft shared/dao/dao360.dll but as I look at the file system the 's' in shared is capital 'S' unlike in the message. I am not sure if that matters, but once I renamed the directory, it didn't matter because Winetricks alredy thought it was installed.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.