[Wine] Installing Windows applications in Wine

hguelbert wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 23 03:50:13 CDT 2011

Hello,

I am relatively new to Linux and very new to Wine. I have tried installing some of the windows programmes I regularly use and never managed to get anything to work. They always seem to drop out during installation with some error or another.

I am guessing from what I read that people do get many programes, games, MS office etc. working under Wine. So I am wondering what I can be doing wrong?

In general I put the application install CD in my CD rom. Navigate to the setup.exe file. then right click on it and select open with wine.

Is the the correct method or should I be doing it a different way?

Any pointers much appreciated.

Many thanks

Hans.