[Wine] Old win 95/98 games crashes on ending them

akI* wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 23 12:10:04 CDT 2011

Hey guys,

im new to the forum and first of all i want to say thanks for everything :-)

I got an complete systemfreeze if i start old win 95/98 games in my suse.
As an example i would give you games like
"Blood II the Chosen"
or
"Might and Magic VIII

The problem is that both games runs very smooth. The installer works perfect, the game runs good in all conditions. The only thing that freezes my whole desktop is when i want to end the game via the game given "end button". I run them with an emulated windowmod of 640x480 the mm8.exe runs with win95 the blood2.exe with win98 settings.

On the other hand this cant be an graphical issue, cause any newer game runs without this problem.
Here i can give you also an example
"Dark Messiah of Might & Magic"
or
"Steam"
Both runs also perfect and i can normaly end them with their "end" button

I start all my games with the q4wine GUI. I also do all settings with this GUI.

Any idea?

My System runs on:
openSuSE 11.3 64b
wine 1.2-0.1.1-x86_64

P.S.: if i could i had give you the complete terminal output, but like i sayed my system freezes on ending both games