[Wine] Re: Old win 95/98 games crashes on ending them

akI* wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 27 10:10:15 CDT 2011

Frédéric Delanoy wrote:
> On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 19:10, akI* <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> You can launch the program in command line, and add the console log to
> a file, e.g.
> cd /path/to/your/windows/program
> wine myProgram.exe &> programLog.txt

Thanks a lot for this hint ill use that in the future to get some logfiles. O the other hand if i had read the forum FAQ for new users i have had this info before my post. Please excuse that fault...

Frédéric Delanoy wrote:
> However, if your system freezes, this usually indicates a faulty video driver.

Hmm i don´t guess that way, cause all newer games (emulated winXP or higher) runs without these problems

Frédéric Delanoy wrote:
> What graphics card/driver are you using?

Im using an ATI Radeon 4870 x2 and the driver is the proprietary ATI Catalyst 11.3 (fglrx 8.831). I know that we are already at 11.5 but i heard/read about some problems with it and decided to dont change it till they solved the problems.

vitamin wrote:
> 3rd party Wine wrappers are not supported here. Please use plain Wine.
 Ill think about it

vitamin wrote:
> This is old Wine version - upgrade. Latest available version is wine-1.3.20.
 okay i´ll upgrade the version ofc.

However, i didnt changed anything on my system and it runs, i guess for a few days now, without any crashes or freezez.

So i say thank you for your support and help.

Did i have to set anything here on "topic solved" or something like that?