[Wine] Re: Weird problem with WINE

Bob Wya wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 27 19:06:00 CDT 2011

Stray wrote:
> Recorded with my phone. I think that screen capture programs won't capture the flickering

Yeh, I don't know the ins-and-outs of the FOSS ATI driver. But I do know it's in heavy development. Personally I wouldn't even attempt to use it for 3D gaming with Wine (yet). You're simply introducing too many variables. It's bad enough tracing the constant Wine regressions with each new version - which will be different for every game. But having to factor in the graphics card driver capabilities as well is too much!

I presume you've tried setting KDE to disable desktop effects for full-screen applications (in the Desktop Effects settings in the Control Centre)?

Bob