[Wine] Re: Running a wine app from a control panel.

Sapro wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 28 03:25:28 CDT 2011

[/quote]A search of the forums will reveal that, yes, others have had problems
running 'stand alone servers' without setting a legitimate DISPLAY
variable.  There are x-server stubs that will take care of this as
well.  Suggest that you search the forums for helpful hints.[/quote]

I have tried to search, but have not found anything that relates to my problem. Could you tell me what you searched for?

Im also learning linux and have no idea what an x-server stub is :)

ischou - I have managed to get the control panel to run other games as user www-data and have corrected permissions for it.
It does launch the game fine, but the problem is something is killing it when it starts up.