[Wine] Re: Problem with The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Mateusz Stachowski wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 28 11:53:26 CDT 2011

I've tried installing 1.1 patch but it failed with message something liked this:

unable to initialize (or open) launcher process

so I have installed it in Virtual Machine and copied the changed files into wineprefix.

Now I can see movies playing on start of game (CD Projekt RED, RED Engine...)
but after that there is only black screen.

I've installed with winetricks d3dx9 and changed UseGLSL to disabled. That's what I'm getting in terminal:

Code:
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f55c,0x00000000), stub!
ALSA lib seq_hw.c:457:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: Brak dostpu
fixme:avrt:AvSetMmThreadCharacteristicsW (L"Audio",0xdf5ea3c): stub
fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
fixme:d3d9:Direct3DShaderValidatorCreate9 stub
fixme:d3d:state_lastpixel Last Pixel Drawing Disabled, not handled yet
fixme:xinput:XInputGetState (0 0x32833c)
wine: Call from 0x7bc48e70 to unimplemented function w1import.dll.?W1CanImport@@YA_NPB_WPADH at Z, aborting
err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0 addr 0xb74865c6
wine client error:9: write: BBdny deskryptor pliku

I'm still using Wine 1.3.20 because the new version isn't available in Ubuntu PPA. I think that maybe it will show there by Monday or even later. Anyway it probably won't make The Witcher 2 to run. As I'm writing about packages from Ubuntu Wine Team I noticed that from version 1.3.19 it doesn't have OSS sound driver anymore. Is it an upstream change or just a choice of Ubuntu packagers.