[Wine] Re: Problem with The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

SpawnHappyJake wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 28 21:39:56 CDT 2011

Hi guys!

   You can't get WINE 1.3.21 even if you go here: apt://wine1.3 ?
   The 3rd line of your debug output mentions ALSA. I'm a bit like a monkey that just found an extraterrestrial spacecraft when I look at debug outputs, but I'm thinking that if it mentions ALSA, an audio driver, that it would be using ALSA and not OSS. So I would think that not having OSS wouldn't be a problem for this game. I could be very wrong. But it's a thought. Also, the 7th line says "Drawing Disabled, not handled yet" - as if it merely needs to be enabled, like a registry setting? Something saying that it is disabled is a different connotation than "unimplemented".The latter implies that it isn't developed yet. The former sounds like it is developed, and present as an option, it's just turned off and you need to turn it on.
    Anybody know about this stuff? Someone must, because someone had to make it.
    I am super happy that those pre-game videos played, because at least that's something. It shows some real progress.
    I'm hopeful for WINE 1.3.21!
Cheers,
Jake