[Wine] Re: Starcraft 2 slow on GTX 460?

DL wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 28 22:47:31 CDT 2011

LinuxUser wrote:
>  Like I said above, in windows I'm getting 35-45+ in the menu and in WINE I'm getting 10-11 in the same menu. I'm getting like 30-35+ on the first mission in SCII campaign and I'm getting >10 in WINE. It's clear this is a WINE issue not my hardware.

It's a wine issue, but you can workaround it by throwing better hardware at it. You can either buy a i2500k system and (preferably) overclock it. Or wait until AMD's Bulldozer comes out and see if it's better than Intel's current offerings.

Otherwise, you'll just have to deal. Hopefully wine will get more optimised over time but it's a slow process.