[Wine] Re: Problem with directsound / Gothic

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 1 06:21:58 CDT 2011

qparis wrote:
> However, as a PlayOnLinux developer, I do a lot of different tests and I know when a bug is obviously not coming from one of our "hack"
> Indeed, we have a lot of bug reported (especially for manual installation, which does not install dirty hacks) and we don't know how to deal with them, because people can't really ask you. How can we do ?

If a problem exists without the use of any third party apps, people can certainly ask about it here, and file bugs in bugzilla. But users need to test a manual install in a clean wineprefix using plain Wine only before asking here or filing bugs. By "plain Wine only" I mean not only unhacked Wine, but also no native dlls or other tweaks applied. If a user has done that, there is no point in them mentioning POL at all when posting.