[Wine] Re: CrossOver license

kevpatts wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 1 18:17:15 CDT 2011

Thanks guys for your responses.

Sorry, I'm not trying to start an argument here, and I'm definitely not saying anything about being anti-government! I'm a huge believer in open source software and use nearly only open source software both at home and in work (I know it seems odd that I say that and yet I'm talking about charging for software built on top of LGPL platforms!).

I had mistakenly thought that because it was LGPL that they couldn't charge for it. I notice now that this is not the case; they can charge for it, but they must provide the source code also.

Unfortunately this doesn't really work for me. Thanks for the info guys though.

Cheers,
Kevin