[Wine] CrossOver license

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Tue Nov 1 19:13:19 CDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-11-01 at 13:13 -0700, Josh Juran wrote:
> If you distribute a work that uses an LGPL-licensed library, then you
> must redistribute (under the LGPL) any changes you made to the
> library.

Sure, that's SOP. You can also fork the LGPL code provide it remains
under the LGPL.

However, anything else you write that just uses the LGPL library can use
any license you want and you don't need to distribute the source. This
is unlike the GPL, which says that you use any GPLed code, then your
stuff must also be GPLed regardless of whether you changed any of the
original GPLed code.

Martin

(IANAL.) - nor am I, but I've read both licenses.