[Wine] Re: Question about Wine

ruinairas wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Nov 4 12:49:14 CDT 2011

I updated to the latest linux kernel. 3.1 (Rev) 1 (Ubuntu Linux) and then I added the xorg mesa ppa ppa:xorg-edgers/ppa and used synaptic software manager to install all upgrades..

For people looking for the same solution I was Here is a step by step guide.

Press CTRL ALT and T to open up the terminal

Copy and Paste

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:xorg-edgers/ppa

then paste

sudo apt-get update

>From here you can do one of two things. Either Copy/Paste

sudo apt-get upgrade

or

Open up Synaptics Manager and check "Mark for upgrades" and click apply.

Now you have the Mesa 3d Library installed. Now lets update to the latest Ubuntu kernel.

Currently 3.1 (r10) is the latest, which is located here http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v3.1-rc10-oneiric/

---Important Information--- (Can be mess up you're os if done wrong)

Download either of the 3 package files

64 bit: AMD64 (You should see 2 headers and 1 image)
32 bit: i386 (You should see 2 headers and 1 image)

Once you have the files downloaded. Install the package with the word "All" in it. Once you have that install the HEADERS FILE. If you do not install the HEADERS package the IMAGE file wont install.

Games that are fixed on Intel Mobile 4 series graphics card

RIFT
Elderscrolls:Oblivion
World of Warcraft (Removes the black/black backgrounds)
The Sims 3 (All versions)
Everquest 2
Various Black flaws with applications like Firefox/Chrome/Utorrent/Internet Explorer