[Wine] Re: Starcraft 2, oblivion, potentially skyrim and dota2?

DL wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Nov 4 22:14:44 CDT 2011

Mateusz Stachowski wrote:

> StarCraft 2 for now is unplayable. Even on the most powerful computers you will get 15 to 30fps (which is totally uplayable and unacceptable). If you look in AppDB you will also find over a dozen bug reports related to that game.

It's not really surprising that Starcraft 2 runs badly. It's a cpu bound game already, and on top of that is the direct3d > opengl conversion. Many of the CPUs listed in the appdb are AMD btw, which are slow even on windows for this game.

As for Skyrim, I reckon there is a good chance it will run reasonably well. From most reports Skyrim isn't that heavy, and it uses an updated version of the engine used with Fallout 3/NV and Oblivion, all of which work great on wine. Not to say it will work, though, you never know what bugs will come up when a new game is released.