[Wine] Re: Cannot start Amnesia nor Penumbra via Steam

Chiitoo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 6 13:02:06 CST 2011

vitamin wrote:

> Chiitoo wrote:
> > err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
>
> This is your problem. Do what it says. Steam does not like to crash, and this leads to a crash.

I wish it was.

That's another thing I forgot to mention in the opening post.  I actually did get rid of this error by installing Samba, and getting NTLM_AUTH that way.  It made no difference though.  All the games that would work before, would do so regardless.

To mention what is working, since I obviously forgot to do that as well, here's a few:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2
Counter Strike: Source
Penumbra: Black Plague
Penumbra: Requiem
Portal
Terraria
Worms Reloaded

I think I do need to look into the NTLM_AUTH some more, as it might perhaps possibly lead to the right tracks as I have never before noticed this error message, and I have never had Samba before...

Thanks for the reply!