[Wine] Re: Did I do something wrong?

SpawnHappyJake wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 6 14:44:33 CST 2011

You can try installing the program of question to its own prefix. Also, did you compile from source or install from a binary package?

I don't think there's much you can do wrong unless compiling from source. Unless you are clicking on launchers that don't work or mixing up prefixes. Or running Wine as root. That's the cardinal sin, running Wine as root.

Some programs need dll overrides or winecfg changes or things to be installed or registry work or in extreme cases, a Wine patch. But if any of these are required, instructions to do so should be in the AppDB.

You can always try uninstalling and reinstalling Wine if you think it installed wrong. If you are running normal Wine on a 64-bit OS, you have to install certain 32-bit libraries, but if you are installing from a package, I'd think those would be included.

Good Luck,
Jake