[Wine] Re: new user help. cannot update to newest version

sgsdxzy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 8 07:33:59 CST 2011

I find it quite interesting that the majority of users use wine on Linux and Mac while Linux and Mac differ so much in User Interface, Custom hobbies, ways to solve problems and basic philosophy…… But it won't matter much though.
Since I'm using Linux, I can't offer any direct help. But I once compiled wine under Linux. Now I assume that there may be some similar mechanism of compiling sources as Linux and Mac have the same origin. You may have to retrieve the source here: http://www.winehq.org/announce/1.3.32 and compile it (you may search for some instructions of compiling sources under Mac. And I do wonder how to generate binaries under Mac, GCC?).
As it's the first time you have used wine, you can try the trial version of Crossover and take a look.