[Wine] Re: How to get my applications visible under Programs?

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 8 16:03:19 CST 2011

paulckruger wrote:

> Now if I try to launch either 7 or 8 the blank wine desktop opens briefly and closes. Nothing happens and no ie.

Delete or rename ~/.wine and reinstall IE7 using winetricks. IE8 will install but doesn't work. IE7 might be usable enough to meet your needs, but don't count on it working well as a browser. Using real IE is neither recommended nor supported; the main reason to install it is for native dlls that some apps need.

> ( BTW how do I determine the WINE version I have. Just installed the other day so assumed it was current and no updates show available in the updater )

wine --version